Christmas, Halloween, (my birthday), 4th of July, and Hoopfest are by far my favorite holidays--in that order. So when the last weekend of June arrives, it's like the kickoff to the better half of my year... that just so happens to get progressively better. I've always been a save-the-best-for-last kind of girl.

Now, I know that Hoopfest is not a holiday, technically. But it should be, especially if you live in Spokane. In a perfect world, communism would be successful, aaaand we'd get the Friday before Hoopfest off to prepare and the Monday after Hoopfest off to recover. And no, I didn't play, but I could still use a day to recoup.

I admit, I have a love-hate relationship with Hoopfest. I hate all the crowds, gunshots in Riverfront park, the Spokies that slither out of the woodwork along with their strollers built for octuplets, and Matt Frodo Bouldin in a tank top. And I hate that women's basketball is still considered a real sport. I love you, Holly. On the other hand, I absolutely love that I get to see friends from out of town, hang out with Whitney all day, and watch some seriously sexy men play competitive, no blood-no foul basketball while I devour a triple-scoop Ben & Jerry's ice cream cone. And besides opening gifts on Christmas morning that I wrapped myself the night before, Lindsay Murphy's Hoopfest Rooftop Party (and Ryan's magical puke-free spodie) could very well be the highlight of my year.


This year was the 4th Annual Rooftop Party, and so far I'm 4 for 4...which is expected when you're shooting from the charity stripe, but really pretty impressive from beyond the arc. I can't tell you how many people I've heard say that the Rooftop Party is the best party they've ever attended. I'd have to agree. It's all my favorite people in one place with a great view of downtown Spokane and the best way to avoid all the crazies and cover charges Hoopfest brings to town.






Lindsay Murphy, you are the hostess with the mostest. I love you. And Hoopfest. And your Hoopfest Party.

Hoopfest 2011 is in the books. 358 days till Hoopfest 2012. I promise I'm not counting.

2 Responses so far.

  1. I love us. And don't lie, you are totally counting. P.S. The mental picture of the octuplet strollers and Matt Frodo Bouldin actually made me laugh out loud!

  2. Way to go - a true "Dutchwoman"
    Loves!!!!

Leave a Reply