Two weekends ago, I went to my very first Washington State football game. You know, the one where the Cougars were up by 14 points against Colorado with 8 minutes to go? And Mike Leach's air raid offense spiraled into a huge nosedive when it went for it on 4th down and threw an interception...instead of chipping an easy one through the uprights? No? Well, I saw it. I also saw an albino - and a girl wearing a tank top emblazoned with "PURPLE IS BY FAR THE UGLIEST COLOR". Excuse me?? No! I threw a tiny fit inside and started seriously doubting whether I could ever be a loyal Coug fan if it meant giving up aubergine, eggplant, and indigo. I got over it the next second and watched as Colorado broke the crimson heart of Martin Stadium.
Washington State University Homecoming Football Game 2012Shane Rice Washington State baseball

And last weekend, my forever friend Brittany and her son Blake came to visit for the first time (meet them here). Brittany and I have been daydreaming about this little reunion since she moved back to the U.S. Finally, she made it. Dreams really do come true.

Their stay was short, so I squeezed a few of my Spokane favorites into a single day. First stop: Green Bluff for pumpkin donuts at Harvest House. I know eating dessert first spoils your dinner, but this was a special occasion! And when dinner is Tomato Street, I'm not so sure it's even possible to spoil. Then we threw a little slumber party - cozy blankets, white wine, white cheddar popcorn, girl talk, and giggles. What a great way to catch up. Sunday morning meant it was already time for Brittany and Blake to head back, but not without grabbing breakfast and coffee at Rockwood Bakery. Where else?..the quiche is to die for. A quick bite, a long hug, a few shameless self-takes, and just like that, they were off again. Let's just say, we're already scheming up the next reunion.

Harvest House pumpkin donuts Spokane

Rockwood Bakery South Hill Spokane
Rockwood Bakery best bakery in Spokane

3 Responses so far.

  1. It looks like you have a blast with your friend. I agree with you about purple... Seriously???

  2. Citygirl says:

    You had me at the photo of baked goods! Glad you had some good friend time. Mine lives in California while I'm in our hometown of St. Louis. Phone calls are nice, but it's so much more fun to hang out!

  3. Anonymous says:

    Woah...there nothing that can ever replace that feeling you get just knowing you have a GOOD GOOD friends. Cookies??? I want.

Leave a Reply