I have to admit, I wasn't really in the mood to celebrate Valentine's Day this year. I didn't bake any cupcakes, I didn't buy any conversation hearts, and I didn't eat a pound of See's Candy chocolates. The inhalation of one pound of See's chocolate will come later, thanks to the gift certificate from my mom. Despite my lack of enthusiasm, Valentine's Day still turned out pretty sweet.

To put my Valentine's Day in context, there is something you should know about me: My grandpa on my dad's side was a baker, and my grandma on my mom's side would climb Mount Everest if she knew there was a sweet roll with pecans waiting for her at the summit. Basically, I am genetically doomed to be a sucker for anything that combines sugar, dough, and butter. Actually... let's be serious. They don't have to be combined.

And so, Marc, knowing full well my affinity to all things doughy, had a "Cinna-Gram" delivered to my workplace last Friday. Besides being pure genius, a "Cinna-Gram" is this: two ginormous gooey Cinnabon cinnamon rolls, a mug with coffee, and a piece of fudge. Oh. My. Goodness. I was in hog heaven!!! Plus, all the proceeds from "Cinna-Grams" this year went to Meals On Wheels. Eating Cinnabons for charity would be a death trap. For my sake, I'm glad it only happens once a year.


cinnabon cinnamon roll

To celebrate the actual day, Marc and I had Rhodes Orange Rolls (cinnamon rolls with orange cream cheese frosting) for breakfast. I wasn't kidding when I said I was doomed to LOVE dough! Yummmmm!
Later, my hot date and I ventured downtown for dinner at Twigs. Twigs might be the most unoriginal place for a Valentine's date, but I don't care. My stomach had been begging me for a Teriyaki Chicken Pita and Twigs Fries for quite some time. And it did not disappoint! The food was delicious, as always. Unfortunately, I forgot my ID, and our waitress wasn't nice enough to let it slide. Apparently, I still look like I'm 20. :( No wine with my meal. Oh well.

To top it all off, Marc bought us tickets for a George Strait concert in Tacoma! I think George Strait is country music's Artist of the Century, so I'm thrilled that we get to see the old guy on tour before he decides to call it quits.

Moral of the story: whether you love Valentine's Day or absolutely hate Valentine's Day, eat a Cinnabon. It will make you smile.

3 Responses so far.

  1. McMurrays says:

    Cinna-Gram best thing I have ever heard of . . . Rhodes orange rolls are one of my favorite Christmas morning traditions. . maybe I should make them every holiday morning!!! This was my favorite post ever!

  2. Lacey says:

    Lol. Oh, Grandma.
    I don't know how you can do cinnamon rolls...you got her sweet tooth, I got her hypoglycemia. SCORE. :P
    (how does that woman eat like that, anyway?)

Leave a Reply